Nominations are now open for the World Halal Tourism Awards. You know what that means how to vote Indonesia.
Categories were open on the 11th of September. 2016 marks the 2nd edition of the awards after the inaugural awards ceremony last year. The categories are dispersed across sixteen different areas such as World’s Best Halal Cultural Destination & World’s Best Hajj & Umrah Hotel.
This awards ceremony is important in helping recognize and raise awareness of best practice in the halal travel sector and excellent services delivered by tour operators, companies, businesses, and organizations.
As Muslim spending power increases, younger people, in particular, are looking for Halal options within the travel and tourism sector. Halal tourism is also becoming more favorable for non-Muslim travelers also who are looking for more family orientated facilities for example.
The nomination entries will follow with a high profile celebration and awards event due to be held on December, 7th, 2016. This event will have one of the largest contingents of halal travel sector professionals.
The World Halal Tourism Awards is the first award-giving body to solely represent the halal, family-friendly travel and tourism industry.
The event organizers are due to present the selected businesses towards the end of October. This will then allow the general public to vote via an online platform for their favorite halal travel providers.
The voting process will close on the 25th of November, with winners and runners-up announced at the ceremony the following month.
The head of Indonesia’s halal tourism acceleration and development team, has announced the entities that will represent the country in several categories:
- Sultan Iskandar Muda Airport, Banda Aceh – World’s Best Airport for Halal Travelers
- The Rhadana Hotel, Kuta, Bali – World’s Best Family Friendly Hotel
- Novotel Lombok Resort & Villas Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara – World’s Best Halal Beach Resort
- Ero Tour, Padang, West Sumatra – World’s Best Halal Tour Operator
- www.wonderful-lomboksumbawa.com – World’s Best Halal Tourism Website
- Lembah Sembalun, Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara – World’s Best Halal Honeymoon Destination
- ESQ Travel, Jakarta – World’s Best Haj & Umrah Operator
- West Sumatra – World’s Best Halal Destination
- West Sumatra – World’s Best Halal Culinary Destination
- Aceh – World’s Best Halal Cultural Destination
- Garuda Indonesia – World’s Best Airline for Halal Travelers
- Trans Luxury Hotel, Bandung – World’s Most Luxurious Family Friendly Hotel
Nomination entries will be open up until the 14th October 2016. Voting opportunities will be live as of October the 17th and conclude on the 25th of November, 2016.